Anthropology Student Society
The Anthropology Student Society (FVEZ) is the student organisation at the Department of Social and Cultural Anthropology (ESZ) and the Ethnographic Museum (VMZ) of the University of Zurich. It represents anthropology students’ interests vis-à-vis the department, the faculty and the university. All anthropology students in Zurich are automatically members of the society.
The Anthropology Student Society…
• ...supports students as best it can.
• ...contributes to the social life amongst anthropology students by, for example, organising the well-known Ethno-Parties.
• ...is active to improve study conditions and degree programmes. One initiative that we supported, for instance, contributed towards the creation of the Major 120 Degree Programme.
• ...represents the students at the departmental meetings where important decision are being made.
• ...appoints student representatives as members of the Appointments Committee. The committee is responsible for appointing candidates to vacant or new chairs in Social and Cultural Anthropology. Recently, our current representative, Raphi, was able to give considerable weight to the students’ voice during the process of appointing candidates to the two currently vacant chairs.
• ...supports (if possible financially) student projects such as our new journal CLTR or the film festival regard bleu at the Ethnographic Museum.
• ...makes it easier for students to attend events such as the anthropology symposium.